Tuesday, February 12, 2008

dryer sheet for my head

11:04 am - sitting at my desk with my scarf wrapped around my neck and my pea coat draped over my shoulders. Why can't the planet decide what temperature NC is supposed to be in February??? It was so nice out a few days ago, t-shirt weather. This morning I wore a t-shirt thinking it would be t-shirt weather. It's not and I'm freezing.
To top it off, my head looks like a porcupine, the vampires at the doctors office stole more of my blood (5 viles - no kidding), and I think I'm getting a headache.

I listened to Mur's and Jason's podcast last week, Geek Fu Morning Show
and they mentioned that they were thinking about doing a This Day In Alternate History DVD. I am all for it! Oh, and because I love the Mur so much, I am demanding that you go to her site and download her totally FREE and totally AWESOME audio novel Playing For Keeps. The last episode airs this Thursday. Matt and I are HUGE fans. Don't miss out, start from the beginning and you'll be hooked.

11:32 Revelation. Atomic fireballs curb coughing.
11:35 New revelation. Atomic fireballs don't entirely curb coughing, but they are atomically delicious.

11:45 Revelation. People on forums whine a lot. They can also be very stupid and lazy.

11:48 Jeremy sent me this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl6hNj1uOkY
11:53 Video was disturbing. Reminded me of a student film I did, but mine was less fancy. I also realized that Jeremy is probably not working.

11:55 I'm now hot. I blame the atomic power of the fireball. Will remove my coat but not my scarf. There is no logic associated with keeping my scarf on.

12:03 I realize Jeremy is bored.

Jeremy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl6hNj1uOkY
Carol: disturbing
Jeremy: yeah, it's a cry against Arbonne sales people, and technology
Carol: hahahahahahaha
it's a cray for a plot
dammit I MEAN CRY!!!!!!!
Jeremy: not everything can be as straight forward as Grey's Anatomy
Carol: hey, that's your show. don't push it on me
you're so damn pushy
push push push
pushy push pushy push
Jeremy: I like Scrubs. Don't you EVER accuse me of liking Greay's Anatomy. I was insulting the sort of gay show you must watch in order to have such a dim view of indie 3D shorts about the beauty myth and our reach for technology!
Jeremy: It used to be my job at XXXX to read all the forums, everywhere.
Carol: oh dear god
Jeremy: yeah, and Linux users SUUUCK
Jeremy: they're to cranky what Shiite is to Muslim
Carol: no, i "oh dear god"ed the fact that you like scrubs
Jeremy: Don't.
Carol: i did!
Jeremy: I will kill you.
Carol: really??
could you do it soon, please
Jeremy: I like the music. You'd like it, it's full of corny and slapstick humor, and hardly anyone dies, and when they do, they often get a big send off, like this one chick had a whole musical number.
No. I will do it when you least expect it. Like on your death bed.
Carol: i remember that episode
Jeremy: I'll put a banana in your trache hole.
Carol: btw, thats the lamest time to kill someone
Jeremy: You'll SPLODE!
Carol: i'll shower you with banana sucka
Carol: no, but I take it you have a lot of experience in this area
Jeremy: I would actually just go four days without bruching my teeth, and then blow into the trach hole.
Carol: wow, i feel sick
Jeremy: CO2 and halitosis poisoning. Then I'd plug it with a rubber drain stopper. NO... with a tea kettle whistle, so I can hear it
Carol: wow, have you been planning this for a while?
Carol: i kinda feel special
Jeremy: Forum duty still sucks worse.
Dude... I spend allll day thinking about killing you.
Carol: hey, did you poison those fireballs? i don't feel so good. it has nothing to do with your daily threats on my life
Jeremy: I, Pirate. U, Ninja. It is our destiny.
Carol: saaaay what? no way
Jeremy: for realz? nope, those are legit. remember, I won;t make a play on your life until you're like 80
Carol: ninjas kill first.
Jeremy: bring it.
Carol: when I'm 80, you'll be too old to kill me
Jeremy: I have thwarted like 12 of your sneak attacks.
Jeremy: noisy bell bottoms and giggling always give you away
Carol: youre are 20 years older than me, sucka
Jeremy: I will be awakened from my criogenic slumber
Jeremy: 20? yeowch.
Jeremy: In that case, you're of normal height.
Carol: yeah, totally. i'm only 15
OW! that hurt
you know what? I like letting my feet dangle from the chair without hitting the floor.
don't be jealous
hey smellery, can i put this conversation in my blog?
LUNCH!!!!!!!!!!! see ya!

Jeremy never responded to tell me it *wasn't* ok to post this conversation. You snooze you lose, buddy.

At lunch, Katy was nice enough to give me one of her super-fancy-delicious yogurts with honey. It was super AWESOME.
I then ventured into the mens room to do my bidness. Was momentarily frightened by the spritz of air freshener. I think the name of this blog should be switched to The Misadventures Of Waffle Housel, or Awkward Turtle Moments.

My belly still hurts.

I think this blog is probably long enough. Amy's blog has a purpose. Who would do such a thing? That girl's crazy. Amy and I are friends IRL. Now Katy knows what that means. Sometimes, I think to myself that maybe Katy isn't nearly as geeky as the rest of the geek school kids. It's a little sad :( There is so much potential.
Anne-Marie, another IRL friend is full with knowledge on topics I never thought about. Do you know what an awkward turtle is? Do you know what the monetary value of a human life is? Go ask Anne-Marie.

I should really do some work, I guess.

6 comments:

Katy said...

IRL, you are a loser.

wafflehousel said...

IRL, you wish you had cooler friends!

Katy said...

me, too. then i wouldn't have to hang out with you IRL.

Unknown said...

OMG, I'm totally leaving a comment on your gurnal, thus, you are obligated to comment on mine. Woot!

Unknown said...

Old people just aren't as valuable as 11 year olds.

wafflehousel said...

amy, you are so sensitive. i wish you would leave links to your gurnel!
anne-marie, you are ill. and i love it!