Sunday, August 31, 2008

Oh, fuckity fuck fuck.

Most days I don't really think too much about PCOS. It's always there, in the back of my mind, but it's a mild nagging like "you better go to the gym and work hard to reduce those symptoms" or "you shouildn't eat that delicious carb laden food becuase it just aggrevates your symptoms." Sometimes the thoughts are comical, light, and I intentionally try not to get too worked up over this syndrome. There are lots of other things that could be wrong with me and I am a very lucky person to have symptoms a lot less severe than many other women afflicted with this crap. All in all, I've got it pretty damn easy.

But there are days like today, and weeks like this past one which have made it harder to be so relaxed with all the bullshit.

I don't want to go into full details and make this a complaint blog, but I do want my friends to know that if I break plans last minute or if you believe I have become a hermit or ran away to join the nunnery/circus, I haven't. I am most likely in my bed with my cats while my social husband is out having fun at a bbq. Which is exactly what is happening right now.

I wish my damn insides were normal but I'm way past the point of feeling sad, and quickly down the path to punching this PCOS bullshit in the eyeball. Yeah, I said eyeball. Be scared, fucker.

No comments: